5G network – Evolution, Advantages, challenges and all you need to know.
What is 5G?
A new faster network that has the potential to transform the internet. 5G is a software-defined network-it means that while it won’t be capable entirely it could replace them by largely operating on the cloud instead. This means it will have a hundred times better capacity than 4G, which dramatically improves the internet speed.
It will not just be internet capacity that will be upgraded, response time will also be much faster.
5G is the next generation of mobile broadband that will eventually replace or at least augment the 4G LTE connection.
Evolution from the first generation to the fifth generation.
- 1G was launched in the 1980s and worked on analog radio signals and supported only voice calls
- 2G was launched in1990s which uses digital radio signals and supports both voice and data transmission with a bandwidth of 64 kbps.
- 3G was launched in the 2000s with a speed of 1mbps to 2 Mbps and it has the ability to transmit telephone signals including digitized voices, video calls, and conferencing.
- 4G was launched in 2009 with a peak speed of 100mbps to 1 Gbps and it also enables 3D virtual reality.
To download a two-hour film on 3G would take about twenty-six hours, on 4G we would be waiting for six minutes, and on 5G we’ll be ready to watch our film in just over three and half seconds.
How 5G is better than 4G?
- The 4G network responds to our commands in just under 50 milliseconds, but with 5G it will take around 1 milliseconds-400 times faster than a blink of the eye.
- 5G will deliver multi-Gbps peak rates, ultra-low latency, massive capacity, and a more uniform user experience.
- Latency or the time it takes devices to communicate with wireless networks, will also drastically decrease.
- 5G will have a wider area in the frequency spectrum that will ensure no network congestion
- It also increases energy efficiency and offers more stable network connections.
5G the connective tissue for the IoT
An industry that’s set to grow threefold by2025, linking and controlling not just robots, but also medical devices, industrial equipment, and agriculture machinery.
5G network slicing
5G will also provide a much more personalized web experience using a technique called network slicing. It’s a way of creating separate wireless networks on thecloud, allowing users to create their own bespoke network.
For instance, an online gamer needs a faster response time and greater data capacity than a user who just wants to check their social media. Being able to personalize the internet will also benefit businesses.
How does 5G work?
5G is the fifth generation of wireless data networks and it will improve them. Downloads and streaming happen literally delay cars will talk to each other prevent collisions an untethered augmented and virtual reality can finally be achieved with real-time response, Industrial benefits like remote surgery to drone control
The three keys abilities :
- High bandwidth
- Dense connections
4G could only muster about 200MB per second of data throughput on a good day, 5G can handle up to 1GB or more, that’s 1000MB.
4G suffers from around a millisecond or so in response delay or latency,5G reaction time can be as low as 1 millisecond which makes everything happen virtually instantly.
In a given square kilometer 4G could only manage to connect about 1/10 the amount of devices as 5G can.
5G uses new radio technology the part that makes the connection 5G uses some radio frequencies in a band known as sub 6, from 600 megahertz to 6 gigahertz part of which is also used by the current 4G LTE.
Why in the news?
The department of telecommunication has sought inputs from the telecom industry on the sale and use of the 5G radio frequency spectrum over the next 10 years
- High-speed mobile network
- Entertainment and multimedia
- Internet of things
- Smart cities
- Smart farming
- Telemedicine services
- 5G is expected to offer enhanced mobile broadband.
- 5G can diversify services and has the potential to demonstrate spectral efficiency.
- 5G will help to incorporate artificial intelligence into our daily lives.
- It will also facilitate the ecosystem for the internet of things.
- The promised speed of 5G is difficult to achieve considering the incompetent technological support in most parts of the world.
- Manyof the old devices will need to be replaced as they are not supporting 5G
- The switch from 4G to 5G will be infrastructure intensive and the development of infrastructure for 5G is very expensive
Thank you for reading:)
What would happen if internet shut down for a say – Explore more
First country to adopt 5G – Know more
- TOP 10 TELEGRAM BOTS YOU SHOULD NOT MISS ( Choose Best) - November 13, 2022
- How to get Monumetric Ads Approval in 2023 (Try best Ad Network) - September 12, 2022
- How to get PropellerAds Approval (Try best Ad Network in 2023) - September 12, 2022