Daily news bits-20.01.2022
- Former Pope Benedict XVI failed to act over four child abuse cases when he was archbishop of Munich, a German probe into the Catholic Church has alleged.
- Studies have indicated that Omicron is less dangerous than other virus variants. So France likely to lift Covid restrictions, mask rule even as Omicron cases surge.
- A blast near Lahore’s Lohari Gate area in Pakistan on Thursday killed at least two persons — including one child — and injured 22 others, officials said, reported Geo News.
- China warns US missile destroyer in South China Sea. China said its armed forces deployed warships and aircraft to monitor and warn away an US guided missile destroyer from waters near the Paracel (Xisha) islands in the South China Sea.
- Austria introduces lottery to encourage citizens to get vaccinated against Covid.
- US President Joe Biden confirmed on Wednesday that Vice President Kamala Harris would be his running mate in the 2024 presidential election.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the The system is created where there is no place for any discrimination.
- India successfully test-fires new version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile off Odisha coast.
- Aaditya Thackeray promises strict action for a pregnant woman forest guard was beaten up by a couple in Satara.
- Lancet study shows that the Covid vaccine booster provides effective antibody protection against Omicron.
- Indian Army contacts Chinese PLA through ‘hotline’ to locate and return ‘abducted’ Arunachal boy.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi speaks to Parkash Singh Badal to enquire about his health.
- Anurag Thakur says that YouTube channels, websites conspiring against India will be blocked.
- 5G rollout shows that After cancelling several flights, Air India resumes B777 operations to US.
- Dense fog envelopes Delhi-NCR, visibility drops to 50 metres.
- It’s updated that Vivo Y75 5G India launch & Key specifications leaked online.
- After Mining Entire BlockLucky Solo Ethereum Miner Bags $540,000 as Reward.
- Amazon, Flipkart are Invited by Indian Traders’ Body to Discuss E-Commerce Issues
- Team for Research Work on Blockchain Tech was appointed by Google labs
- French court rules says that the Twitter Must Reveal Measures on Online Hate.
- Web3 Browser to Let Users Seamlessly Link Crypto Wallets to Blockchain Services released by Opera.
- The UN trade body said that the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) flows to India in 2021 were 26 per cent lower, mainly because large M&A deals recorded in 2020 were not repeated.
- Global digital lending platform The Social Loan Company (TSLC) announced the appointment of two key hires, aimed at strengthening its global leadership team as it expands across emerging and frontier market and also added that the company appointed Ziad Sawalha as Group Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and Shagorika Heryani as Chief Marketing Officer. Both will report to co-founder and group Chief Executive Officer (CEO)Deepak H Saluja.
- On Thursday,PTC India Financial Services Ltd (PFS) shares fell 18% in their worst intraday trade since May 2015, a day after the non-banking financial company said three independent directors had resigned citing lapses in corporate governance.
- The American Airlines posted its highest revenue of the pandemic during the fourth quarter as bookings rose, but added that it still reported its second annual loss in a row during a volatile year.
- On Wednesday,Speaking at the World Economic Forum’s virtual Davos Agenda event,Gates said businesses need to play a greater role as investors and customers of green technologies and also says that the “Pairing those new technologies with the big companies, that have skills to build those things at scale, I see that as the urgent agenda,” Gates said.
- Online course on next-gen mobile wireless networks to be offered by IIT-Madras.
- From January 24 onwards Maharashtra govt allows reopening of schools.
- From next academic session,Himachal schools to teach Sanskrit and Vedic mathematics.
- In covid year, one third of Gujarat Board’s Class 10 students got grace marks to pass.So students were happy m
- Government data says that the Learning loss due to Covid-19: Fewer kids from lower grades took part in survey.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.”
― Swami Vivekananda
If you want us to post news related to you or your surroundings you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for reading!!!
Read our post on How to become more creative.
- Best LinkedIn Automation tools ( Top 8 Picks for you) - October 1, 2022
- Best Events in the Metaverse ( Metaverse Events 2023 ) - July 31, 2022
- Protected: Seo:On Page and Off Page Seo - January 30, 2022