Facts on Blogging & Bloggers
1. The first video blog was started in 2004, more than a year before YouTube was founded. The first blog was Link.net, created by Justin Hall, while he was a Swarthmore student in 1994. While still in college, he managed to publish his first blog.
2. If a blog is more than 1,500 words, on average it receives 68.1% more tweets and 23.6% more Facebook likes. Once you write 21-54 blog posts, blog traffic generation increases by up to 30%. Every half a second a new blog is created.
3. More than 60% of U.S. online consumers say they have purchased as a direct result of reading a Blogger’s recommendation.
4. Tumblr was the first major site that allows users to format their posts however they want, including adding multimedia objects, unlike traditional blogging services.
5. Heather Armstrong, the first blogger who writes under the pseudonym of Dooce, was fired from her job for comments posted on her blog regarding her employer, in 2002.
6. In 2003, was the Adsense advertising platform, which was the first ad network to match ads to the content on a blog.
7. In 1999, there were just 23 blogs. Today, there are over 1.6 billion blogs on the internet.WordPress alone has over 60 million of them Bloggers like Darren Rowse and JohnChow make sizeable amounts of money telling other bloggers how they could turn to blog into a full-time career.
8. Businesses that blog 20 times or more per month get 5 times more traffic than those who blog 4 times or less per month.
9. Weblogs, Inc. was started by Jason Calacanis in 2003, was then sold to AOL for $25 million.
10. In the early start, Adsense made it possible for bloggers without huge platforms to start making money from when they first started blogging.
11. WordPress and Blogspot are the two most popular blogging platform.81% of Bloggers never make $100 from blogging.23% of internet time is spent on blogs and social networks.
12. Now, “meta blogs”(blogs about blogging) make up a sizeable portion of the most popular and successful blogs out there.
13. More than 60% of blogs are in English, other prominent languages include Spanish, Portuguese and Indonesian.
14. By 2001, there was enough interest in blogging that some How-to articles and guides started to crop up.
15. Bloggers between the ages of 21 and 35 dominate blogging, totalling more than 53%. Celebrity bloggers in India earn between $20,000 and $30,000 a month.
16. Articles with images gets 94% more views. There are more than 80 known languages utilized in the blogosphere.
17. Blogs are the most valuable type of content, according to more than one-third of today’s marketers.
18. Political blogs were some of the most popular early blogs. Business Insider is considered to be the most visited blog with an Estimated monthly visitors:30.4 a million
19. Only 2% of bloggers make more than $150k per year with blogging. Blogs can assist you with the effective promotion of a service or products.64% of bloggers are hobbyists and 27% of bloggers are full-time bloggers. The average blog post takes 3.5 hours to write. Bloggers who write articles of more than 2,000 words are far more likely to have strong results. Bloggers who write articles of more than 2,000 words are far more likely to have strong results.
20. Longer blog posts generate 900% more traffic and lead. C companies get 97% more links to their websites.
21. Only 17% of bloggers can sustain their lifestyle or support their family with their blog. More than two-thirds of Bloggers have not updated their blogs in the last year.
22. With new services like Quora coming into the market, there is the possibility that the blogosphere will shrink, and more people will turn to sites like these to get information.
Quote of the day
“Where the Internet is about availability of information, blogging is about making information creation available to anyone”.
Thank you for reading!
Read our post on Surface Design Technique
- Best LinkedIn Automation tools ( Top 8 Picks for you) - October 1, 2022
- Best Events in the Metaverse ( Metaverse Events 2023 ) - July 31, 2022
- Protected: Seo:On Page and Off Page Seo - January 30, 2022